Today, I built an antenna as specified here:
here’s what my version looks like:
I attempted to receive ArduSat-X and ArduSat-1, and I think I saw the CW beacon of ArduSat-X with gqrx but I hadn’t adjusted for the doppler effect, or something, because it appeared some distance away from 437.000MHz. And I only recorded the last few symbols, not even a full letter of morse.
Over the next little while, I’ll try to construct a flow graph in GnuRadio that’ll let me see the FFT waterfall, hear where I’m tuned to, and record the raw IQ values for the whole range, so I can come back later and decode the FM CW beacon at the corrected location!
This site is ad-free, and all my writing can be modified and re-used under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license. If you wish to support me making creative works and giving them away for free, then I welcome tips on PayPal, GitTip, Flattr, or Litecoin (Lbwnx4GoocEBbTimdQDhRhTg6mthCzBU7R).